1. LVMH Sends Positive Luxury Signal With Sales Beating Estimates
Bernard Arnault, Europe’s richest man, got another boost as LVMH shares reached a record due to better-than-expected sales of Louis Vuitton handbags and leather goods.
Read this on Bloomberg.
2. China’s Next Hot Travel Market: Customized Luxury Tours
Chinese tourists have been ditching group tours at a rapid pace, and custom-tour operators are reaping the benefits of this booming tourism industry segment.
Read this on Jing Daily.
3. Can the Birkin Bag Survive the Resale Market?
Off the wait list and into, yikes, the plebeian wilds of Instagram and the RealReal.
Read this on The New York Times.
4. Luxury E-commerce and the Path to Profitability
Seismic changes in advanced technology over the past few years have disrupted traditional consumer shopping patterns, creating an increasingly complex retail landscape and, with it, a shift toward luxury e-commerce.
Read this on WWD.
5. Rich millennials are creating new trends and status symbols
Rich millennials are giving the luxury world a facelift.
Read this on Business Insider.