1. Fendi at Milan fashion week: a memorial to Karl Lagerfeld
Silvia Fendi calls Lagerfeld’s 54 years with the Italian house ‘fashion’s longest love story’.
Read this on The Guardian.
2. Moncler genius: one luxury skiwear brand's mission to reinvent the model
The foundations of fashion consumerism stem from the innate human desire for new things. This, in itself, is not a new idea. But thanks to the rise of social media, online shopping and digital journalism, our collective longing for newness is more pervasive than ever.
Read this on CNN.
3. Lunar New Year Luxury consumption: 3 lessons for luxury brands
Since the week of Chinese New Year celebrations is behind us, the question is: quo vadis luxury? Are we facing the big crisis that so many commentators foresee? Should brands even rethink launching in China now? How should luxury brands deal with economic uncertainty?
Read this on Jing Daily.
4. Luxury brands are finally learning how to speak streetwear their own way
It’s been five weeks since men’s fashion month kicked off in London and with the exception of Burberry, Gucci and Balenciaga — each have opted for co-ed shows presented during the upcoming women’s fashion month — another men’s season has drawn to a close.
Read this on Highsnobiety.
5. LVMH appeals to eco-conscious consumers with new sourcing standards
Luxury goods conglomerate LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton is introducing new requirements for its crocodilian leather sourcing, as the group continues its quest to be more transparent about animal welfare and other sustainability issues.
Read this on Luxury Daily.
Cover image credit: Gucci